Want to know how to get the most from your treatments? If you’ve never had an Image Skincare peel before, we have everything you need to know here. National Trainer for Image Skincare, Michelle Ryan, talks through each of the peels available and their benefits, followed by peel prep and aftercare too.
If you’re unsure as to which Image Skincare peel is best for your and your skin’s needs, then book in to your local clinic for a consultation with one of our therapists.
The Ormedic Lift is a non-chemical peel that uses a papaya, pineapple, pumpkin and mango-infused blend of organic and medically effective ingredients designed to rebalance tired, stressed and dull-looking skin. It naturally rebalances, regenerates, restores and soothes your skin, recharging the skin’s youthfulness and increasing internal hydration.
The Signature Facelift is performed in four layers, changing the tone and texture of the skin in just one application. Vitamin C rejuvenates the skin, while gentle yet effective active enzymes create a flawless complexion instantly. It’s the ideal peel with anti-redness, anti-inflammatory, anti-pigment, collagen creating benefits and is suitable for those with rosacea.
The Lightening Lift treats medium to severe pigmentation, balancing your complexion with a blend of kojic acid and a cocktail of lightening and brightening agents to reduce sun spots, brown spots and redness caused to rosacea and acne scarring. It delivers silky smooth, supple skin with a healthy glow.
The Wrinkle Lift is an ultra-resurfacing glycolic and retinol treatment which exfoliates surface skin cells, improving circulation, leaving the skin firmer and healthier. It visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, open pores and rough skin.
The Acne Lift is a beta and alpha-hydroxy acid cocktail which gives antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic benefits to fragile, compromised and reactive skin. It reduces and treats all kinds of acne, while resurfacing and smoothing the skin, even after one treatment.
Before your Image Skincare peel
- Stop using your CLEAR CELL and AGELESS products 3 days prior to your peel. It’s important to stop using active ingredients prior to your peel so your skin doesn’t become over stimulated.
- Don’t get your hair done on the same day, either before or after the peel.
- It’s always a good idea to wash your make up brushes and change your pillowcase the same day as your peel.
- If you have not had a peel done in some time, it’s always best to start at the beginning with a milder enzyme peel. It’s always better to be progressive with your skin rather than aggressive.
- Stress has a negative impact on your skin, it can contribute to inflammation of skin and heightened response. Please be aware that if you are stressed so to is your skin so it’s always best to speak to a professional before using active skincare or having an advanced skin treatment.
After your Image Skincare peel
After your treatment, please make sure to avoid using active ingredients like CLEAR CELL and AGELESS for at least 5 days after your peel. This will all depend on the peel but make sure to follow your skin specialist guidelines.
- Don’t have a hot shower after your peel.
- Sterilise your phones before putting it near the skin post peel.
- Don’t slave over the cooker all evening as heat after a peel is a no no.
- Injectables or advanced treatments require a two-week window. So, wait two weeks before or two weeks after your peel to receive any other treatments.
- Tingling, dryness, shedding and mild swelling are all normal side effects to having peels.
- It can take 10 days for you see the desired effects of a peel.
- A course of 4- 6 peels is advised for optimum and long term results.
- It is compulsory to wear a high SPF protection and to avoid sun exposure before and after peels. This includes sunbeds.
- Please do not pick at dry skin. Allow to shed on its own.
To book in for an Image Skincare peel, find your local clinic here.